I CAN’T TALK
You can find the Can't Talk button in the bottom left corner of the Záchranka app’s home screen. This function is available to all Záchranka users for those emergency situations where you are unable to communicate by voice with the 155 emergency line operator.
- Tapping the Can't Talk icon brings up a menu with 9 icons depicting the most common emergency scenarios.
- After selecting the relevant icons, tap the Send Emergency Message button, located directly below in red.
- An emergency message, including information about your current situation and that you are unable to communicate by voice, is then sent to the 155 emergency dispatch centre.
- You will still be connected via telephone call with a 155 operator who will then adapt the communication method to your current condition.
- Deaf, hard-of-hearing, and any users with speech problems who have this listed in their user profile will have this menu offered automatically when pressing the main red ALARM button. (For more information on this, see the answer to ‘I'm deaf – how can I use Záchranka?’in the FAQs.)
- This menu of emergency scenario icons will automatically appear even if you press the red emergency ALARM button when abroad (in countries where the Záchranka app is fully functional). This minimizes the language barrier between you and the foreign emergency dispatch services and ensures that they have extra information regarding your emergency.